This accounting and finance Master’s degree provides a strong theoretical grounding and draws on some of the world’s best research in corporate finance. It is also highly applied, allowing you to find solutions to real-world business and valuation challenges in mergers & acquisitions, private equity and real estate. Many lectures are delivered by highly regarded practitioners, and you will have the option to attend programming workshops, complete an Applied Project, or take part in a work placement.
- LSE Careers- with the help of LSE Careers, you can make the most of the opportunities that London has to offer.
- The purpose of the module is to increase understanding of how to manage your own continuous personal and professional development in order to enable sustained career success and to be an effective and transformational leader.
- Whilst we would like to give you all the information about our placement/study abroad offering here, it is often tailored for each course every year and depending on the length of placement or study abroad opportunities that are secured.
- It is designed to give you an understanding of why econometrics is necessary, to provide you with a working ability of basic econometric tools and to illustrate their application in finance.
- This qualification will replace the Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate .
Members of financial accounting can carry several different professional designations. Before investing in a company, investors often seek financial reports prepared using financial accounting guidance to understand how the company has been doing and to set expectations about the future of the company. The Revenue Recognition Principle states that revenue should be recognized when it has been earned. This principle dictates how much revenue should be recorded, the timing of when that revenue is reported, and circumstances in which revenue should not be reflected within a set of financial statements. In the other example, the utility expense would have been recorded in August .
Discover Uni data
Teaching contact hours will vary in different semesters and years of study and may vary due to module selection. In addition to the contact hours below, we offer the opportunity to attend additional optional sessions, including sessions with the Faculty’s progress coaches, or to meet with staff during their advice and feedback hours. This module examines how portfolios are structured, monitored and managed for maximum effectiveness. It develops your understanding and ability to apply asset allocation, portfolio strategies, international diversification and performance evaluation techniques.
The experience of working for a leading institution is not only exciting, but can be invaluable in terms of your future career. Located in College Park, eight miles from The White House and downtown Washington, D.C. You will be studying at the Robert H. Smith School of Business whose undergraduate programme was ranked number 19 in the USA (2016 U.S. News & World Report). Established in 1907, ESSEC is one of the leading institutions in Europe for business education. Their BBA was the first programme in France to receive the prestigious AACSB and EQUIS accreditations.