Immerse yourself in real challenges faced by business leaders across a variety of industries. Financial Accounting puts you in the shoes of an equity research analyst, yoga studio owner, and leader of one of the largest nonprofits in the United States. You’ll wrestle with the same issues they faced, while problem-solving and interacting with fellow learners from around the world.
- You’ll also have the option to select an optional module allowing you to tailor the course to your own areas of personal interest.
- The modules we outline here provide examples of what you can expect to learn on this degree course based on recent academic teaching.
- Half of these are in accounting and finance, and half in related disciplines.
- However, this can take longer and you should allow at least three weeks for a decision.
- The module introduces the theory and practice of management accounting before examining the key management accounting tools for decision making techniques used for planning and controlling costs.
- If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free.
Within a close-knit community of staff and students from all over the world, discover a campus alive with possibilities. A place where all the elements of your student experience come together in one place. Our supportive, energising, welcoming space creates the ideal environment for forging new connections, having fun and finding inspiration. You can apply for a Maintenance Loan towards your living costs such as accommodation, food and bills. This loan is means-tested, so the amount you receive is partially based on your household income and whether you choose to live at home or in student accommodation.
What you’ll study
You may apply during your second year for a place on these programmes and if you are successful you will transfer in to the four year degree scheme. Your personal tutor will be able to give you advice on academic issues, including module choice and assessment. You are required to meet with your personal tutor three points during each academic year but you are also encouraged to get in touch with them at any other point if you need help or advice.
We also have members of staff based in Vietnam, China, India and Nigeria and work with a worldwide network of education counsellors. All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career. A range of assessment methods are used across the course, the choice of which reflects the needs and demands of the different types of module. Some modules will assess the ability to work collaboratively in a team and others will assess individual capability.
Whatever your interests or appetite you will find something to suit your palate and pocket in this truly international capital. Make the most of career opportunities and social activities, theatre, museums, music and more. LSE LIFE– this is where you should go to develop skills you’ll use as a student and beyond. The degree involves studying courses to the value of 12 units, over three years, plus LSE100. Half of these are in accounting and finance, and half in related disciplines. You will have the opportunity to specialise to a certain degree in various fields within accounting and finance.