This course also deals with advanced financial analysis and enterprise valuation methods employed by financial advisors/investment banks as part of providing advice to corporations. A course delivered online by Henley faculty and you will receive online support from one of our teaching staff members and be able to interact with other prospective students in your course. This is a full-time course and in total you should be prepared to devote approximately 38 hours a week to your studies. You will typically have up to 14 hours contact hours of teaching most weeks for semester 1 and 2. Teaching is through a mix of lecturers, tutorials, seminars and lab sessions and the breakdown of these activities is shown in each module description.
Our students benefit from the high level of support we offer, and the opportunities to interact with peers from various academic, professional and cultural backgrounds. The potential/actual insolvency of companies has a bearing on many areas of commercial law. The globalisation of commerce has added to the importance of understanding what makes a good insolvency regime, current approaches to insolvency law issues, and the extent to which it is possible to reconcile differences between national regimes. This course offers students an opportunity to engage with a range of issues that are pertinent to this subject area. Students will analyse theoretical and policy rationale for insolvency law and evaluate practice.
Stream in Entrepreneurship (2.0 credits)
Students that do not successfully obtain a co-op work term are expected to continue with their academic studies. Students should also note that hiring priority is given to Canadian citizens for co-op positions in the Federal Government of Canada. Students will engage in an approved international experience, abroad or within Canada , that fosters the development of a global mindset. This experience will allow students to integrate and apply the material learned in previous International Business courses. Analysis and evaluation of the organization’s corporate and business strategies; integration and synthesis of knowledge acquired in the program by application of acquired functional skills to strategic decision making. Facilitates sophisticated understanding of the knowledge and skills required for marketing managers to respond to changing market environments in order to bring arts and culture offerings to their target audiences.
- International finance, sometimes known as international macroeconomics, is the study of monetary interactions between two or more countries, focusing on areas such as foreign direct investment and currency exchange rates.
- As reported by the BLS in May 2013, personal financial advisors earned a mean annual salary of $99,920, while securities, commodities and financial services sales agents had average yearly incomes of $102,510 ().
- This degree will give you the skills to work as an economist in the private, public or not-for-profit sector; in financial management, corporate finance or investment banking; or as a business analyst.
- Students will also develop the skills necessary to critically analyse and interpret these financial statements and become aware of their limitations.
- Concepts, models, and managerial issues in planning, designing, operating and controlling systems across supply chains for the provision of goods and services.
This could be working for a range of employers such as large corporations or multinational enterprises, banks, securities companies or government agencies. The module then focuses on a critical discussion of power and accountability, with an emphasis on accountability to a range of societal stakeholders. Students will become familiar with different firms in the industry, how they differ from each other and the various careers available within the industry as an aid to their own career development. Part II of the module provides an in-depth introduction to financial derivatives and their evaluation.
International Business Corporate and Finance Law
Today there is hardly any company that can claim that it is not involved in international business … Tailor your experience and see relevant information for entry requirements and fees. International business degrees provide an interdisciplinary global perspective. Tuition fees cover the cost of your teaching, assessments, facilities and support services. There may be additional costs not covered by this fee such as accommodation and living costs, recommended reading books, stationery, printing and re-assessments should you need them.