Tshabalala also said the lender is heightening its focus on climate change, and expects its green loan book to grow to at least R250 billion by the end of 2026, up from an expected R50 billion at the end of this year. Register on BusinessLIVE at no cost to receive newsletters, read exclusive articles & more. 3-4 years Experience within Personal and Business Banking in the preparation of credit proposals and analyzing financial statements. Sole proprietorships can also apply at Standard Bank AutoPlus ATMs. Browse an unrivalled portfolio of real-time and historical market data and insights from worldwide sources and experts.
- This does not change regardless of the time complete repayment of the loan takes.
- The EP fits within Standard Bank’s strategy of funding environmentally and socially responsible business in South Africa and on the African continent, as well as partnering in the continent’s development.
- It was prominent in financing and development of the diamond fields of Kimberley in 1867.
- We’ll protect your business from unexpected events, so you can focus on growing a solid business.
- “We are very proud to conclude the first sustainability-linked loan in the retail sector in South Africa with Standard Bank.
Standard Bank South Africa is the largest operating entity of Standard Bank Group, Africa’s largest bank by assets. Standard Bank Group reported total assets of R1,95 trillion at 31 December 2016, while its market capitalisation was R246 billion . Standard Bank Swaziland Limited is an international bank and a member of the Standard Bank Group of South Africa, which, through its Stanbic Africa Division, owns banks in 14 other African countries apart from South Africa. It began its local operation in 1988 and has a network of 13 branches and 16 ATMs at strategic points.
Headline earnings for 2020 were R15.9 billion and total assets were R2.5 trillion . Standard Bank’s market capitalisation as of 31 December 2020 was R209.4 billion . Standard Bank acted as the lender, sustainability co-ordinator, and sustainability agent on the deal.
Standard Bank SARL (“SBM”) has a long history and is considered one of the leaders of the local market. Covers all major towns and cities of Mozambique, with 44 branches. Yet the match—the biggest foreign investment by a Chinese firm at the time—has not quite lived up to expectations. Revenues that could clearly be credited to it seemed slow in coming; then Standard Bank gave up looking for them. In spite of the growing Chinese presence in Africa, Standard Bank never secured the fees and bragging rights that arranging a Chinese takeover of an African firm or a big infrastructure investment would have brought.
Standard Bank squares up to upstart lenders in SME battle