If you dream of running your own company, this course will expand upon your skills to help you thrive in business and the enterprising service sector. This module is about making decisions which ensure the most effective and efficient use of organisational resources. It discusses the techniques used by performance managers in planning, control, decision making and overall performance evaluation of organisational activities. It focuses on information needs, technologies and systems necessary for efficient and effective performance management of organisations.
To apply your learning, you undertake a consultancy project for a real-world business in response to a marketing brief. You demonstrate your grasp of segmentation, targeting and positioning, as well as a range of marketing communications tools. Our research-led teaching is continually evolving to address the latest challenges and breakthroughs in the field. The following modules are based on the current course structure and may change in response to new curriculum developments and innovation. We champion responsible management and ethical business practices; you join a school not just committed to excellence in business education and social science research, but an intellectual community working to make business better. We don’t just prepare you for a successful career; we’ll help you shape the kind of world you want to live in.
This module introduces business students to the key terminology and techniques of financial management that are regularly used in today’s business environment. It lays the foundation for a proper understanding of more complex financial issues and is designed to equip you with knowledge of business finance required for making informed business decisions in a management-related career. Graduates with financial management skills continue to have a competitive advantage in the job market, an edge that may become even more significant in an economic downturn. IBM program is a bachelor degree program in the Faculty of Economics that offers a four-year study program.
- Whether you are a UK/EU or International student; and when you started your studies with us.
- This comes in a variety of formats including oral feedback, personalised feedback on written work, and generic written feedback.
- Please check the individual course pages for our typical A-level requirements and see below for the corresponding scores.
- You should obtain a degree in business administration, accounting or marketing if you eventually want to obtain a business management position.
- The optional Business Enterprise module will give you the opportunity to run your own business as part of a team.